Notes on the Celestine Writings of James Redfield
The Celestine Prophecy (1993)
An Experiential Guide (1995)
The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision (1996)
The Celestine Prophecy (1993)
- 1) The First Insight:
- 5 surfaces unconsciously at first as a profound sense of restlessness
- 7 is the awareness that something else is going on beneath everyday life
- 7 is a reconsideration of the mystery that surrounds us; there is another side of life
that we have yet to discover, (yet to explore), some other process operating behind
- 10 is the awareness that there is really more to life than we know
- 19 is an awareness of the mysterious occurrences that change one's life, the feeling
that some other process is operating
- 119 The First Insight occurs when we take the coincidences seriously. They make
us feel that there is something more, something spiritual operating underneath
everything we do.
- 230 I was alert to the mysterious way my life evolved
- ExG a critical mass of individuals who experience their lives as a spiritual
unfolding in which they are aided by mysterious coincidences
- ExG-136 Mysterious meaningful coincidences occur to all of us. We can become
aware of these.
- ExG-244 the universe mysteriously presents the coincidental opportunities to
move us toward our destiny
- 2) The Second Insight:
- 21 we will be able to see the last 1000 years as a whole; we will identify a
particular preoccupation of the last 500 years
- 23 At 1000 AD there was no concept of weather, geological forces, horticulture or
disease; all phenomena were attributed to either God or the Devil
- 25 We are now awakening from our preoccupation with the scientific method
- 26 The scientific method was originally only a focus & it gradually became a
preoccupation. We totally lost ourselves in creating a secular security, an economic
security, to replace the spiritual one we had lost. The question of why we were
alive, of what was actually going on here spiritually was slowly pushed aside &
- 27 The 2nd Insight shows us how to observe culture not just from the perspective
of our own lifetimes but from the perspective of a whole millennium. It was a
necessary stage, a necessary development in human education.
- 28 We had sent explorers out to discover the real truth & to report back, and when
they had taken too long we had become preoccupied with a new, secular purpose,
one of settling into the world, of making ourselves more comfortable.
- 29 of providing for our own security while waiting for the truth.
- 29 A four hundred year old obsession has been completed.
- 119 The Second Insight institutes our awareness as something real. We can see
that we have been preoccupied with material survival, with focusing on controlling
our situation in the universe for security, and we know our openness now
represents a kind of waking up to what is really going on.
- 230 the whole culture was sensing this mystery again as well and we were in the
process of constructing a new world view.
- ExG This new awakening replaces a 500 yr old technological preoccupation with
secular survival & comfort
- ExG-22 there is a long historical context for Coincidence
- ExG-27 The Second Insight is a macro view of our group consciousness in which
we have been preoccupied with competing, controlling, & conquering. The fruits
of this belief system are what we are living with today. In essence what we
thought was what we got.
- ExG-33 After the collapse of the medieval world-view, we lost the security that
came from the church's explanation of the universe. Therefore, 500 years ago we
collectively decided to focus on mastering nature, on using our science &
technology to settle into the world. We set out to create a secular security to
replace the spiritual one we had lost. To feel more secure, we systematically
pushed away and denied mysterious aspects of life on this planet. We crafted the
illusion that we lived in a universe that was entirely explainable and predictable,
and where chance events had no meaning. To maintain the illusion, we tended to
deny any evidence to the contrary, to restrict scientific research into paranormal
events, and to adopt an attitude of absolute skepticism. Exploring the mystical
dimensions of life became almost taboo. Gradually, however, an awakening has
begun, nothing less than breaking free from the modern age's secular
preoccupation, and opening our minds to a new more truthful view of the world.
- ExG-136 My awareness of coincidences is historically significant, a part of a
(mass) spiritual awakening.
- ExG-244 we, collectively, are becoming aware of our essentially spiritual
- 3) The Third Insight:
- 41 says we will learn to perceive what was formerly an invisible type of energy
- 43 Our expectation itself causes our energy to flow out into the world & affect
other energy systems. The human perception of this energy first begins with a
heightened sensitivity to beauty.
- 44 This energy is on the same continuum as beauty. It is seen on the next level of
perception, above beauty.
- 46 You must suspend or bracket skepticism & try every way plausible to observe
these more subtle phenomena. Once you can, then you return to your rigorous
- 54 I saw something like strands of smoke stretching between the tips of my fingers
- 56 I played with the focus of my eyes
- 58 All you have to do is to see the beauty & then extend from there
- 59 Seeing energy fields is just a matter of waking up dormant optical receptors
- 64 beauty is the perception through which individuals will eventually see energy
- 89 The third Insight showed you that the physical world is actually a vast system
- 120 The Third Insight defines the physical universe as one of pure energy, an
energy that somehow responds to how we think.
- 200 Humans are unique in a world of energy in that they can project their energy
consciously. It is done by appreciating the beauty of an object until enough energy
comes into us to feel love. At that point we can send energy back.
- 207 The universe is energy that responds to our expectations.
- 230 The universe was in reality a vast system of energy
- ExG Everything in existence has an associated energy that we can sense & intuit.
By consciously directing our energies we can increase the pace of coincidence
- ExG-60-61 The universe is pure energy. Everything in the universe is made up of
energy, one big ocean of vibration. We are co-creators through our thoughts - all
things are one & interconnected - it responds to our expectations. Beauty raises
our energy - the next level of perception will be to see the energy in that which
we find beautiful. Awareness of universal energy is the foundation for ultimately
engaging its flow & becoming a cocreator with it
- ExG-136 There is an invisible energy that responds to my thought.
- ExG-244 the universe is pure energy that responds to our intention
- 4) The Fourth Insight:
- 6 there are power struggles, conflicts of agenda, control battles
- 61 Winning the point (in an argument) seemed to mean capturing part of the
opponent's field & pulling it into oneself
- 65 How humans compete for energy is the Fourth Insight
- 66 We would be able to see that we have been disconnected from the larger source
of the one dynamic energy of the universe, that we have cut ourselves off & so
have felt weak & insecure & lacking. In the face of this deficit, we humans have
always sought to increase our personal energy in the only manner we have known,
by seeking to psychologically steal it from others - an unconscious competition
that underlies all human conflict in the world.
- 71 We humans always seem to take a manipulative posture. No matter what the
particulars of the situation, or the subject matter, we prepare ourselves to say
whatever we must in order to prevail in the conversation. Each of us seeks to find
some way to control and thus to remain on top in the encounter. If we are
successful, if our viewpoint prevails, then rather than feel weak, we receive a
psychological boost. In other words we humans seek to outwit and control each
other not just because of some tangible goal in the outside world that we're trying
to achieve, but because of a lift we get psychologically. This is the reason we see
so many irrational conflicts in the world both at the individual level and at the
level of nations. This whole matter is now emerging into public consciousness.
We humans are realizing how much we manipulate each other and consequently
we're reevaluating our motivations. We're looking for another way to interact.
- 72 Because of this early trauma she will think she has to seize control & dominate
others with the same intensity.
- 75 The Third Insight: the universe is made up of this energy, and we can affect
perhaps not only plants, but other things as well, just by what we do with the
energy that belongs to us, the part we can control.
- 75 When we control another human being we receive their energy. We fill up at
the other's expense & the filling up is what motivates us.
- 76 We humans, although we are unconscious of it have the tendency to control &
dominate others. We want to win the energy that exists between people. It builds
us up somehow, makes us feel better.
- 77 One of the insights concerns how to interpret the events of ones past life.
- 87 He thinks he's right to control the situation & no doubt he learned a long time
ago that he could control successfully by following a certain strategy.
- 87 You'll learn about other strategies people use to con others out of their energy
in the Sixth Insight.
- 87 All this is still unconscious in most people. All we know is that we feel weak
& when we control others we feel better. What we don't realize is that this sense
of feeling better costs the other person. It is their energy that we have stolen. Most
people go through their lives in a constant hunt for someone else's energy. ... Most
human relationships eventually turn into power struggles. Humans link up energy
& then fight over who is going to control it. Dominating another makes the
dominator feel powerful & knowledgeable, but it sucks the vital energy out of
those who are being dominated. It makes no difference if we tell ourselves that we
are doing it for the person's own good, or that they are our children, and therefore
we should be in control all the time. The damage still occurs.
- 89 When someone is dominating you psychically they actually take your mind
- 89 The Fourth Insight points out that for a long time we humans have been
unconsciously competing for the only part of this energy we have been open to:
the part that flows between people. This is what human conflict has always been
about, at every level from all the petty conflict in families and employment
settings to wars between nations. It's the result of feeling insecure and weak and
having to steal someone else's energy to feel okay.
- 89 The only reason that any conflict can't be immediately settled is that one side is
holding on to an irrational position, for energy purposes. Understanding the Fourth
Insight is a matter of seeing the human world as a vast competition for energy and
thus for power.
- 90 Transcending this conflict, we can receive energy from another source.
- 120 The Fourth Insight exposes the human tendency to steal energy from other
humans by controlling them, taking over their minds.
- 121 The Fourth Insight reveals that humans have always felt short of energy and
have sought to control each other to acquire the energy that flows between people.
- 230 Human conflict was a shortage and a manipulation of interpersonal energy
- ExG Having cut ourselves off from the greater source of this energy we tend to
manipulate or force others to give us attention & thus energy. When we
successfully dominate others in this way, we feel more powerful. Competition for
scarce human energy is the cause of all conflict between people.
- Page 96: an anonymous man standing not far from the narrator is shot in the back and killed
by soldiers. The comic opera cat 'n mouse game with the authorities is turning serious.
- Page 98: Alone on a ridge, the narrator has a minor Kundalini, meditational, mystical
experience - he realizes his real body is the universe itself. He feels himself to be in perfect
athletic condition, an exhilarating feeling. He feels energised and confident. (p156)
- Page 103: He finds shelter and safety in a 400 yr old Spanish Mission, warmth, bread &
soup, the good father Sanchez, a clean bed, a deep sleep.
- ExG-83 There is unconscious energy competition in every encounter
- ExG-84 The need for control & the quest for dominance is a universal quest aimed
at avoiding the inner void. Because it forms the underpinnings of all unhealthy
addictions, it has won itself the label as the Master Addiction.
- ExG-88 Fixed ego positions foster a recurrent dramatic style called a control
- ExG-94 The Fourth Insight is the awareness that we have often cut ourselves off
from an inner connection with mystical universal energy. As a result we have
tended to feel weak and insecure, and we have often sought to build ourselves up
by securing energy from other human beings. We do this by seeking to manipulate
or dominate the other's attention. If we can force the attention of another, then we
feel a boost from the other's energy, making us stronger, but leaving the person
weakened. Often others fight back. All conflict in the world stems from this battle
over human energy.
- ExG-136 We get caught up in energy competition (where there are always winners
- ExG-244 humans mistakenly try to get energy from each other
- 5) The Fifth Insight: (the solution to the problem detailed in the previous Insight)
- 106 Human's are stuck in a kind of competition for each other's energy. When we
get others to acquiesce to our view, they identify with us & that pulls their energy
into us and we feel stronger. Everyone is trying to control & manipulate each
other for energy, because we feel short of it. But, there is a solution, another
source of energy, through mystical consciousness.
- 107 For most this consciousness would remain an intellectual concept, to be only
talked of and debated. But for a growing number of humans this consciousness
would become experientially real. This experience was the key to ending human
conflict in the world, because during this experience we are receiving energy from
another source - a source we will eventually learn to tap at will. Look inward for
- 110 Food is the first way of gaining energy. But in order to totally absorb energy
in food, the food must be appreciated.
- 112 Mystical experience - I felt light, secure, connected
- 113 When you appreciate the beauty & uniqueness of things you receive energy
- 116 I learned a method of connecting with energy, how to absorb energy, and then
to project it.
- 116 Connecting with energy feels like excitement, then euphoria, and then love.
- 120 The shortage of energy can be remedied when we connect with the higher
source. The universe can provide all we need if we can only open up to it. That is
the revelation of the Fifth Insight. But it is a state that we can't maintain for very
long. When we try to live in a world where conflict is still happening, we get
knocked out of this advanced state and fall back to the level of our old selves.
And then it is a matter of slowly regaining what we glimpsed. But to do this, we
must learn to consciously fill up with energy because this energy brings on the
coincidences, and the coincidences help us to actualize the new level on a
permanent basis. We can be knocked out of it and lose energy when we are afraid.
- 121 The Fifth Insight shows us that an alternative source exists, but we can't really
stay connected to with this source until we come to grips with the particular
method that we, as individuals, use in our controlling, and stop doing it - because
whenever we fall back into this habit, we get disconnected from the source.
- 230 We can end human conflict by receiving an inpouring of this energy from a
- ExG Insecurity & violence end when we experience an inner connection with
divine energy within. The constant sensation of love is a measure of this
connection. Otherwise it is an imagined connection, a fantasied connection (or
worse, a real connection to something that feels like love, but isn't.)
- ExG-109 More people will experience transcendent states. Creativity rather than
- ExG-125 Looking at yourself from the point of view of how much love you have
spread to other people is a sobering exercise
- ExG-128 The Fifth Insight is the experience of inner connection with divine
energy. We (must) distinguish between intellectual (literary) descriptions of
this awareness and the awareness itself. In this regard we apply (look for)
certain experiential measures, indicators. Do we experience the state of awareness
called love, not toward something or someone, but as a constant background
sensation? It is this connection with total energy that resolves all conflict. We no
longer (imagine that we) need energy from others.
- ExG-136 The Fifth Insight occurs when one spontaneously connects to universal
- ExG-142-145 (four pages on Control Dramas) We believe that we must get
attention, love, recognition, support, approval - all forms of energy - from others.
To evolve consciously we must clear away this belief and its associated habits, no
matter how deeply they are woven into daily behaviors. (Types: Intimidator, Aloof,
Interrogator, Poor Me)
- ExG-150 Each of the modes for controlling energy is rooted in the original
fear that if one loses the connection to the parents he or she will not be able
to survive. (Subsequent marriage is often to some extent a finding of a substitute
for ones "lost" parents)
- ExG-155 "Naming the drama" = noticing that a power struggle is in process.
- ExG-244 a description of how a mystical connection with universal energy
feels and how it expands our perspective of life
- 6) The Sixth Insight:
- 121 We must face up to our particular way of controlling others.
- 121 Our control habit is unconscious. The key to letting it go is to bring it fully
into consciousness, and we do that by seeing that our particular style of controlling
others is one we learned in childhood to get attention, to get the energy moving
our way. This style is our unconscious control drama. Based on our control script
(122) the same kind of events happen to us repeatedly. We stop our own evolution
when we repeat this drama in order to manipulate for energy.
- 123 getting rid of my style of controlling; identifying my control drama
- 126 control dramas interfere with coincidences; your way of controlling
- 127 Each of must go back into our past, back into our early family life, and see
how this habit was formed. Seeing its inception keeps our way of controlling in
consciousness. Most of our family members were operating in a drama themselves,
trying to pull energy out of us as children. That is why we had to form a control
drama in the first place. We had to have a strategy to win energy back. It is
always in relation to our family members that we develop our particular dramas.
Once we discover who we really are our control drama falls away and our real
(spiritual) lives take off.
- 128 Interrogator and aloof ... How many different kinds of control drama are
- 128 The aggressive (intimidate, interrogate) & the passive (poor me)
- 129 entering the drama world of a poor me. Everything they say and do puts you
in a place where you have to defend yourself against the idea that you're not doing
enough for this person. That's why you feel guilty just being around them.
- 129 the order of the dramas goes this way: intimidator, interrogator, aloof, poor
- 130 A person goes to whatever extreme necessary to get attention energy in their
family. And after that. this strategy becomes their dominant way of controlling to
get energy from everyone, the drama they constantly repeat.
- 130 There is a tendency to see these dramas in others but to think that we
ourselves are free from such devices.
- 131 Once we see our drama we are truly free to become more than the
unconscious act we play. We can begin to get clear about who we really are.
- 133 recall our family childhood experiences & become conscious of our control
- 135 staying connected by becoming clear on who we are - understanding the
control dramas of your parents.
- 138 Your path is about discovering a truth that is a higher synthesis of what your
- 139 view your life as one story, from birth to now
- 141-142 Synthesize Progress, accomplishment with Inner Peace, Intuition
- 145-146 Life's meaning was connected to the problem of transcending our past
- 146 Most of us have a control drama we have to transcend
- 148 The Sixth Insight - clearing the past was a precise process of becoming aware
of our individual habits of controlling learned in childhood
- 148 Before we could finally enter the special state of mind that so many people
were glimpsing we had to wake up to who we really are
- 149 Consciously accelerating our own evolution
- 230 we can clear out old dramas and find our true selves
- ExG We lose connection under stress. In these times we can see our particular
way of stealing energy from others. Once our manipulations are brought to
personal awareness, we can reestablish our own divine connection.
- ExG-134 Clearing the past: our parental Lineage & Control Dramas.
- ExG-136 We interfere with our evolution by getting stuck in trying to control
energy by a process called a control drama. We stop the advancement of our
destiny by using a repetitive childhood pattern of control. (There are two
aggressive and two passive control dramas)
- ExG-162 The Sixth Insight is the awareness of when we lose our inner
connection with divine energy (in real time, as we lose it). Often we find that at
these times we are resorting to our personal (& unconsciousness) way of
manipulating others out of their energy. An analysis of our early childhood can
reveal how our control dramas evolved, but once this is forgiven (cleared), it is
possible to see deeper reasons why we came into contact with those parents.
(There is a truth, a lesson, beyond victimhood.)
- ExG-244 breaking free of controlling dramas by looking at our parental
- 7) The Seventh Insight:
- 152 Systematically gaining energy, trying to breath in energy
- 153 taking deep conscious breaths, holding each about five seconds before
- 153 Love is a background emotion that exists when one is connected to the energy
available in the universe
"The question irritated me. I fought against the resulting loss of energy."
- 153 thoughts feel different once you get connected with the energy
- 153-154 Intuitions enter your mind from a higher part of yourself when you give
up your control drama
- 154 When you have acquired enough energy, you are ready to consciously engage
evolution, to start it flowing, to produce the coincidence that will lead it forward.
You engage your evolution in a very specific way. First you build sufficient
energy, then you remember your basic life question. The problem in life isn't
receiving answers. The problem is in identifying your current questions. What are
your current questions?
- 156 Let your perception of beauty & iridescence lead your way. Places & people
who have answers for you will appear more luminous & attractive
- page 160 - the narrator is captured (at last) by soldiers
- 164 The Seventh Insight talks of Dreams - compare the story of the dream to the
story of your life
- 166 Dreams come to tell us something about our lives that we are missing
- 168 Daydreams guide us
- 169 We all have many more precognitive thoughts than we realise - taking the
observer position helps us release our need to control everything. It places us in
the flow of evolution - The Seventh Insight says that fear images should be halted
a soon as they come. Then another image, one with a good outcome, should be
willed through the mind. Soon, negative images will almost never happen. Your
intuitions will be about positive things. When negative images come after that, the
Manuscript says they should be taken very seriously, & not followed. (I know
what Redfield means, but this is clumsy writing.)
- 173 Food - you don't need much food if you are taking in the energy of the
- 174 to grasp the Seventh Insight & truly enter the movement of evolution one
must pull all the insights into one way of being. The world may be a mysterious
place that provides everything we need if we get clear & get on the Path - we
engage the evolutionary flow by:
keeping our current life questions firmly in mind
& then watching for direction, either in a dream or in an intuitive
thought or in the way the environment iridesces & jumps out at us
- 175 We build our energy & center ourselves in our situations in the questions we
have, then we receive some form of intuitive guidance, an idea where to go or
what to do, & then coincidences occur to allow us to move in that direction
- 178 The Seventh Insight - Staying in (engaging) the flow of evolution, keep your
questions always in mind - Even unaware people can stumble into answers and see
coincidences in retrospect. The Seventh Insight occurs when we can see our
answers as they arrive - It heightens everyday experience. The Seventh Insight
says that the challenge is to find the silver lining in every event, no matter how
- 230 we can set in motion the evolution of these true selves, through question,
intuition, and answer
- ExG First we have questions, then dreams, daydreams & intuitions lead us toward
the answers, usually synchronistically provided by the wisdom of another human
- ExG-177 The Seventh Insight tells us that we can evolve consciously,
psychologically & spiritually. We do this by actively engaging the flow of
building energy; keep it at its maximum level
remembering the basic life questions
discovering the immediate smaller questions
- ExG- 182-183 distinguishing impulse from intuition
- ExG-185 distinguishing between self-negating fears and actual warnings of danger
- ExG-195 (a Seventh Insight summary)
- ExG-244 how to set in motion the evolution of our true selves, how to ask
questions, receive intuitions, and find answers
- 8) The Eighth Insight
- 175 You learn to help others with your energy flow in the Eighth Insight - you
project your energy toward a person by focusing on his/her beauty - this energy
helps them see their truth
- 178 How humans will act toward each other is in the Eighth Insight
- 178 It is about an Interpersonal Ethic, a way of treating other people so more
messages are shared - do not go too fast - stay centered in your situation, your
- 179 The Eighth Insight warns against your growth being stopped - it happens
when you become addicted to another person
- 180 The Interpersonal Ethic
- 184 how to project energy to others
how to avoid addictions to people
- 184 The Eighth Insight begins with children - they need our energy on a constant
basis, unconditionally. You should never take responsibility for more children than
you can give attention to
- 185 Humans should not bring children into the world unless there is at least one
adult committed to focus full attention, all of the time, on each child
- 186 we should always find a way to tell a child the truth (If they always have
sincere attention they will not feel they have to act out or show off) Having
always had enough energy makes the transition from receiving energy from adults
to getting it from the universe easier to grasp.
- 189 (The narrator and Marjorie exchange incredible interpersonal energy ... "what does it
mean?" says Marjorie. then (p190) there is an angry separation and the narrator feels his
energy collapse, feels weak and confused)
- 191 When one first learns to be clear & to energise one's evolution, any of us can
be stopped, suddenly, by an addiction to another person. The idea of addiction
explains why power struggles arise in romantic relationships. Bliss and euphoria
turn into conflict as a result of mismanagement of the interpersonal energy flow.
When love first happens, the two individuals are giving each other energy
unconsciously and both feel buoyant and elated. Unfortunately, once they expect
the feeling to come from the other person, they cut themselves off from the energy
in the universe and begin to rely more on the energy from each other - only now
there doesn't seem to be enough and so they fall back into their control dramas ..
and the relationship degenerates into the usual power struggle.
- 192 The reason we can become addicted to someone is that we've yet to access
this (male/female) energy ourselves, in its mystical form. We can eventually open
up to it, but when we first begin to evolve, we have to be careful. The integrative
process takes some time. If we connect prematurely with a human source for our
energy we block the universal supply.
- 193 (an entire page on family energy exchange) Addiction to a person is an
- 194 Joining with a partially complete person who complements our incompleteness
merely simulates the wholeness that a full connection with the universe produces.
It is a classical co-dependent relationship - its own built in problems begin to arise
immediately. Both people want to run this unit. This kind of illusion of
completeness always breaks down into a power struggle. Neither wish to be sub-servient to the other.
- 195 Connecting with a person after we connect with the universe never pulls us
from the path of our individual evolution again. The idea is to begin to experience
that sense of well-being and euphoria experienced in the first moment of a co-dependent relationship when you are alone, (i.e. when you are not in a co-dependent relationship).
- 199 The Eighth Insight:
How we approach other people determines how quickly we evolve, how quickly
our life questions are answered.
- a) how to treat children
- b) the danger of addiction
- c) how to project energy
- 200 Energizing others is the best thing we can do for ourselves.
- 201 The more we appreciate others, the more energy flows into us. Two or more
people doing this together can reach incredible heights. This is not a co-dependent
relationship. A co-dependent relationship begins this way but soon becomes
controlling because the addiction cuts them off from their source & the energy
runs out. (Spiritually) real projection of energy has no attachment or intention.
- 204 A person cannot play a control drama with you unless you play the matching
- 205 All dramas are covert strategies to get energy. Covert manipulations for
energy can't exist if you bring them into consciousness. By pointing them out, they
cease to be covert. The best truth about what's going on in a conversation always
prevails. (While bringing the covert strategy into public awareness) send the drama
initiator energy - if they can feel energy coming in anyway, then its easier for
them to give up their way of manipulating for it, (and harder for them to continue
with the strategy if it is now public and therefor no longer covert.)
- 207 Get it into your head - everyone who crosses our path has a message for us.
The hard part is figuring out who to take time to talk with when talking with
everyone is impossible.
- 208 Sudden spontaneous eye contact is a sign
- 208 Some people whom we have never seen before look familiar because we are
members of the same thought group. Thought groups are usually evolving along
the same lines of interest. We intuitively recognize members of our thought group
& very often they provide messages for us.
- 209 When you are approaching someone at a deeper level you can see their most-honest-self beyond any facades they may put up. When you really focus at this
level, you can perceive what someone is thinking.
- 212 Eighth Insight: d) receiving messages from those we uplift
- 214 Having a conscious conversation. Each person speaks when the energy moves
to him. Part of the Eighth Insight is learning to interact consciously when in a
group. As the members of a group talk, only one will have the most powerful idea
at any one point in time. If they are alert, the others in the group can feel who is
about to speak, and then they can consciously focus their energy on this person,
helping to bring out his idea with the greatest clarity. If you concentrate on what is
being said, you can feel when it is your turn. The idea will come up into your
mind. The key to this process is to speak up when it is your moment and to
project energy when it is someone else's time.
- 215 (more details on the group dialogue process)
- 216 The Ninth Insight is going to reveal where we humans are going with
- 219 This way of consciously relating in which everyone attempts to bring out the
best in others rather than to have power over them, is a posture the entire human
race will eventually adopt. The Ninth Insight explains what will happen as the
culture evolves forward.
- 222 the energy of old forests - voluntary population decrease - we will
intentionally let the forests go uncut
- 223 our sense of purpose will be satisfied by the thrill of our own evolution - by
the elation of receiving intuitions & then watching closely as our destinies unfold.
Two strangers meeting: Each will first observe the other's energy field exposing
any manipulations. Once clear, they will consciously share until, elatedly,
messages are discovered.
- 224 To understand the next millennium perhaps it is necessary to visualize it in
the same manner you studied the current one, as though you were living through it
in one lifetime.
- 230 Knowing how to relate to others, bringing out the very best in them, was the
- ExG We can increase the frequency of guiding coincidences by uplifting every
person that comes into our lives. Care must be taken not to lose our inner
connection in romantic relationships. Uplifting others is especially effective in
groups where each member can feel the energy of all the others. With children it
is extremely important in their early security & growth. By seeing the beauty in
everyone we lift others into their wisest self.
- ExG-207 Eighth Insight - The Evolutionary pace will increase
- ExG-208 Assisting others, exchanging messages, conscious groups, the danger of
romantic love, the roots of romantic addiction, stabilizing our channel (connection)
with the universal energy, reforming our co-dependent behaviour, parenting
- ExG-219 stabilizing our connection to an inner center
- ExG-220 Relationships that are based on control & unseen drives & needs are the
target of the Eighth Insight
- ExG-220-221 Indicators, Themes, Elements of co-dependency
- ExG-222 Indicators of a readiness for true romance
(No, I won't take the time to quote these 3 pages. Go read the book yourself.)
- ExG-223, 224, 225 Children - Unconditional energy flowing toward them in order
that they evolve. In order to thrive they need to be around adults who can give
them physical, & emotional, & mental nourishment. Draining their energy while
correcting them creates control dramas.
- ExG-226 Seven characteristics of thriving children
- ExG-231 In romantic relationships care must be taken that the euphoric love
connection does not replace the mystical energy connection. The love euphoria
degenerates into a power struggle as both people become addicted to each other
- ExG-245 how to bring out the best in others
- 199 The 9th Insight: !
(I mostly cease summarizing here as I part company with the author on pages 224-227 of
his first book, with his version of the Ninth Insight, which reads like a fictional pollyanna
tale. Redfield deserves credit for providing the first Eight Insights, and deserves support as
he contemplates how to rephrase the Ninth. I have no doubt that there exists a real Ninth
Insight, just doubts over Redfield's version.)
- 243 Fear lowers one's vibrations tremendously. Reaching heaven on earth is why
we are here. And now we know it can be done.
- 244 (The narrator is again captured by soldiers, and the first book ends)
- (bits of) The Ninth Insight (as portrayed in the second Redfield book)
ExG As we all evolve toward the best completion of our spiritual missions, the
technological means of survival will be fully automated as humans focus instead
on synchronistic growth ... ultimately ending the cycle of birth & death. (Woe
Nellie! that is a big jump ahead.)
ExG-244 Insight Nine - Ultimately our increased perception & vibration will allow
us to cross over the barrier between our physical world & the unseen world from
which we came & to which we will return upon physical death.
ExG-258 Research suggests we cycle through a variety of different lives. It is
possible that we receive guidance from a cluster of influences selected from our
previous (and future?) livetimes that appear as intuitions. Usually we have but a
vague awareness of our "gifts", talents, and predilections, not realizing any link to
a past life.
This Summary of Redfield's The Celestine Prophecy (1993) and his An
Experiential Guide (1995) ceases here.
Themes from The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision
p222: The tenth insight: learning to have faith in our intuitions, remembering our
Birth Intention, holding the World Vision.
On pages 2 and 3 Redfield indicates his degree of seriousness by allowing the
book's narrator to write of his failure to maintain a continuity of coincidences, as
supposedly important moments would "die in a flurry of unexpected irritations and
emotions." Something was missing. His expectations were not being met, were
Everything hangs on internal images and thoughts and dreams; these are the
intuitions that lead to coincidences.
There were two types of Intuition that were particularly important. It was important
to seek, remember, recover, maintain, and share them. They were:
- The Birth Vision, the Birth Intention, the individual Why I am here,
Why I was born, What I came here to do this time, How we wanted
our life to unfold;
The World Vision, The Vision of the Whole World, How to fulfill a
broader human purpose, to bridge the Fear Polarization, to evolve
toward unification, to enter into a new ethics of interaction, to transfer
energy & knowledge & awareness from the Afterlife dimension into
the Physical dimension; the importance of Remembering, which is
the only rehabilitation for criminals and the ill. New approaches to
technology and commerce are proposed. The Gnostic Dilemma, a
challenge for institutionalised religion is spelled out.
In both cases Reincarnation is assumed. We come from the Afterlife Dimension,
where we had a clear conception of both the Birth Vision and the Whole World
Vision. Both are in fact pre-birth visions. The unconsciousness associated with birth
makes it necessary for us to try to recover, to make conscious both of these Visions.
The fragments that we do recover are the important intuitions.
There is some other interesting background furniture (while the adventure parable
continues in the foreground):
The Afterlife Dimension, which seems to be accessible through meditation,
in which one can watch newly dead people arrive, dreamers dreaming their
dreams, soul-groups sending reminders and energy to those in the Physical
Dimension (each of us has a distinctive soul-group), watch information
descend from this dimension to the Physical Dimension, watch souls
undergo a Life Review, observe telepathy in action.
Not to be forgotten, ever present yet mostly as background, are two more pieces of
- the notion of past-life and present-life interblending: the book's characters
are constantly experiencing their present opportunities and impulses as
outcomes of choices and failures in previous lives.
the notions of enough and not enough energy, for any given purpose, and
gaining and losing energy, and luminous rooms and landscapes.
Aside from the fictional challenges and dangers of men with guns, strange humming
energy machines, and intentions bent out of control Redfield identifies Evil and Fear
and Hell as the difficulties to be faced, understood, and overcome.
Fear, as re-active Polarization, suffering, End Time (apocalyptic) fears, abound.
Rising collective fears are not unexpected during a major cultural transition. Evil must
be stopped. A way to understand fear must be found. Attitude affects healing, affects
the immune system. Pain can be used as a beacon to guide visualization and healing
Hell, the gray environment, is described as a collection of mental constructions set
up by souls who in life lived very restrictive 6th insight Control Dramas & could not
wake up after death. The repressive control dramas replaces the mystery and
insecurity of life. The illusional realities of Hell are just severe control dramas.
Redfield is imprecise, vague about which aspects of our growth and development
can best be done alone, and which aspects are best done with others. To bring in the
World Vision or a portion of the World Vision seems, according to Redfield, to
require a group, the pooled energy and intention of a group of perhaps seven people.
The group of seven must:
- clear residual intergroup emotions,
- amplify energy,
- share birth visions,
- overcome the Fear,
prior to (or while) attempting to remember a portion of the World Vision. The 8th
Insight is about knowing how to send energy by focusing on another's beauty &
higher-self wisdom. This process can raise the energy level & creativity of the group
exponentially, There are blocks which must be cleared. The clearing process:
acknowledge the emotion, become fully conscious of the feeling, clear residuals, the
aim is zero power games, zero struggles, zero dramas. No group can reach its full
creative power until it consciously clears & then amplifies its energy. The process has
been called forgiving, the penance of forgiving.
At the end of the book, the fictional enemy approaches the group of seven (but only
five are present) with a pistol and two like armed assistants. They send them a wall
of energy, marshalled to hold them at bay. It doesn't work. It dawns on the five that
they are misusing their collective energy. They switch to sending a "join us",
inclusionary energy to the advancing villians. (page 227).
To Top of Document
This file was located in the:
HTML validation by:
reset in HTML 4.0 in June 2000